Hi from Fine Art Graduate

Let's get to know one another, what M.P.P. equipment do you own, where do you live, post a picture of you and your camera(s)...
helewhitty

Hi from Fine Art Graduate

Post by helewhitty » December 29th, 2018, 11:08 am

Hi, I'm a fine art graduate who work with long exposure photography. Some of my work is on Instagram as @helewhitty (DSLR work).
I have always loved the feel and effects of large format cameras...so here I am. I have just begun working with my 5x4 MPP.
Looking forward to meeting you.

cotswoldman

Re: Hi from Fine Art Graduate

Post by cotswoldman » December 30th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Hi Helena

Welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of data that would be of interest to you in the Members Area of the web-site. It is well worth the membership fee to gain access.

Regards
cotswoldman

Geoff Camber
Gloucester

IanG

Post by IanG » December 30th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Welcome from another Fine Art Graduate :D

Ian

helewhitty

Post by helewhitty » December 30th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Thanks Geoff...and hi Ian 😊

Roland

Post by Roland » January 27th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Fine art is a wonderful excuse for working with large formats!
As for me I am also interested in the technological comparisons between the (traditional) large format cameras and the miniature revolution of the 1920's and 1930's.
In addition, MPP is interesting from an economic and historical point of view as it is part of the post-war import-substitution.

Roland

IanG

Post by IanG » February 1st, 2019, 4:09 pm

Roland wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 4:18 pm
Fine art is a wonderful excuse for working with large formats!
As for me I am also interested in the technological comparisons between the (traditional) large format cameras and the miniature revolution of the 1920's and 1930's.
In addition, MPP is interesting from an economic and historical point of view as it is part of the post-war import-substitution.

Roland
MPP was also party to breaking Import restrictions with the MicroPress which was mostly made by Graflex, only a few bits were made by MPP.

If you compare a British reflex camera like the Thornton Pickard Ruby reflex to say a screw thread Leica the shutter functions in a similar way, quite different to a Speed Graphic/MicroPress.

Ian