120 Roll Film Back for early MicroPress

Have a question that cannot be answered using the information in the website Members' Area - then post it here...
SomersetCookie

120 Roll Film Back for early MicroPress

Post by SomersetCookie » February 23rd, 2019, 11:18 am

I have just acquired an early MicroPress with a spring (not Universal) back. I have also just bought a MPP 120 film holder which I now realise can only be fitted to a universal back. Has anyone managed to use this film holder with an early back by creating a clamp or other device to hold it in place? Or does anyone know of any other way of using roll film with this back? Please be gentle with me as I’m new to large format, but very keen to learn.

IanG

Re: 120 Roll Film Back for early MicroPress

Post by IanG » February 24th, 2019, 6:24 pm

There's no easy way to adapt the MPP spring backs to take the holder you're talking about. There are roll film holders available that slip under a spring back one is the Sinar 69, another usually cheaper is the Calimet C2 67 RF back.

Ian

SomersetCookie

Re: 120 Roll Film Back for early MicroPress

Post by SomersetCookie » March 1st, 2019, 9:43 pm

Thanks Ian for the info, I have managed to get a MK VII as well now with the universal back, so I can use the film back with that and use the Micropress for sheet film. Looking forward to getting into Large format finally. I’m just waiting for lenses and lens boards to arrive.