Wanted #00 Compur Shutter

This section is for M.P.P. Members to sell, swap or seek M.P.P. items...
SomersetCookie

Wanted #00 Compur Shutter

Post by SomersetCookie » April 2nd, 2019, 9:49 pm

I have a good Super Angulon 90 with a broken #00 Compur Shutter. I have had a go at trying to fix the Shutter, but I failed miserably, so I’m on the look out for a replacement shutter. There appear to be plenty of #0 shutters but very few #00, so I either need to sell my Super Angulon without a shutter and buy a another used one with a shutter or maybe someone out there has a decent #00 shutter that they would like to sell to me?

IanG

Re: Wanted #00 Compur Shutter

Post by IanG » April 9th, 2019, 7:38 pm

#00 Compur shutters are hard to find, I bought two at a camera fair a couple of years ago, new old stock un-engraved aperture scales, one doesn't latch though, the one that works is a back-up for my 65mm f8 Super Angulon.

I may have a spare #00 Compur, I think Rapid, shutter currently attached to a pre WWII Zeiss Ikonata 520 camera with a uselessly soft Novar lens. I have a near mint post WWII coated Novar lens for I plan to fit on the camera but the camera and spare lens/shutter are currently in Turkey and I won't be at our apartment there for about 10 weeks. I can't remember what shutter the newer lens is in might be a Prontor #00 rather than a Compur. The Deckel (Compur/Compound) factory was very badly damaged by Allied bombing, the Gauthier (Pronor) factory was relatively unscathed.

Its much easier to find a post WWII Gauthier #00 shutter, there's various permutations from the simple three speed Vario, the Pronto, and varying Prontors the best being the SVS. However like the small Compur shutters some were made for specific cameras so may not have the usual cocking arm, no cable release, and even no normal release arm, all controls being on the back, or coupled on the side to the camera.

I can probably help with a Gauthier shutter short term, I have another #00 Compur Rapid but not sure if it would be suitable it's off a Super Ikonta has various bits attached for the range-finder.

Ian

SomersetCookie

Re: Wanted #00 Compur Shutter

Post by SomersetCookie » April 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Thanks again Ian, for all of the information. I’ll check out the Gauthier Prontor options and see what’s available. I was planning to go to the Wessex Camera Fair in Frome this morning for a look, but worked until 2.00am so wasn’t too keen on getting up early, so gave it a miss.

Graham