Wanted MicroPress lens

This section is for M.P.P. Members to sell, swap or seek M.P.P. items...
Alford

Wanted MicroPress lens

Post by Alford » May 3rd, 2019, 10:01 pm

I recently purchased a Micro-Press 4x5 that came without a lens, so I am looking for a Schneider Xenar 135mm with Pronto shutter that I believe was the correct lens for this camera. Also missing is a cable that connects the rear body release to the front operating arm, is it possible to make one?
Cheers - Alford

IanG

Re: Wanted MicroPress lens

Post by IanG » May 7th, 2019, 9:22 am

The Pronto shutter was never used with LF lenses, it's a simple 3 speed.

There's two 135mm Xenar lenses an f4.5 in aCompur #1 shutterand the more common f4.7 in a Compur #0 shutter which is smaller and a bit lighter. A 1960 price list for the MicroTechnical MkVII shows MPP selling the 135mm f4.7 Xenar in a Compur. While it's not on the price list Schneider also sold the Xenar's in a Prontor Press shutter, this is a self cocking shutter as you push the shutter or cable release the pressure cocks the shutter and trips it in one go. While fast working if just using the rangefinder to focus it's slower if using the focus screen. There's no preview button/lever to open the shutter, you have to use T, they aren't common and the Compur is a much better option.

I may have a body to front standard release cable but they aren't simple. You can download the Pacemaker Speed Graphic service manual from a link on Graflex.org the MicroPress is mostly Graflex made and the cable is a Graflex part. The camera end is a touch complex.

Ian

Alford

Post by Alford » May 7th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Thank you Ian for your reply that is most helpful.

So it seems I must look for a 135mm Xenar f4.7 lens in a Compur shutter to fit my Micro-Press. As for the release cable I will take a look on the GraFlex website.

Cheers - Alf

Alford

Post by Alford » May 19th, 2019, 5:46 pm

I went to the Photographica Fair in London today looking to find a lens for my MicroPress camera and although I failed to find the Schneider Xenar 4.7/135mm I wanted I found and bought a Wray Lustra 4.8/135mm for the very good price of £10. The lens is a bit scruffy and has a slight haze in the rear element, but so what, it fitted straight onto the lens-board, I'm over the moon!!

Cheers - Alf